Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Bee Happy!


    Happy Wednesday!!!! I hope you are enjoying your week.  Yesterday, here in New Hampshire, we had a blizzard with 32 plus inches of snow.  It has been a pretty light winter as far as snow goes, so I guess Mother Nature needed to make up for lost time. Here are a couple of pics I took from the storm.    This first pic is of our driveway and at approx 11am, the second pic is what it looked like when we opened our basement door to go out, and the third pic is of my son playing in the snow.      It take a lot to shut down the state, but this storm did just that. Travel ban, no school, and                                                  no work!! Family PJ day :)                              

      While I didn't do much yesterday, except for a little homework, I did manage to finish up my journal page for this weeks Stampotique Originals Designer challenge.  This weeks challenge hostess is "Corrie" and here is what Corrie has to say: "Happy Wednesday everybody. My first love in crafting is paint. So today I would like you all to use paint in your background. Doesn't matter what paint or how you apply it. Just have fun ! Corrie x"
      So, keeping with my new years resolution of journaling, I decided to create a journal page for this weeks challenge.  I used dylusionals inks for my back ground and some white acrylic paint to add on some diamond shapes. When I am journaling, I never k now how it's going to turn out.  I feel as though this page is complete chaos. I used the following stamps in this weeks journal page. 
                                                                               Stamps used
                                                                                    sunflower large
                                                                                    sunflower medium 
                                                                                    Big Bee

 
 

8 comments:

Sue said...

Love your bright colours and bee.
Glad your Son found some use for the snow.

Ginger said...

love the bright painted background on this page and I love Jo's bees, these are some of my favourite stamps. C x

Basement Stamper said...

Hope you are not trapped inside again today :-(

Love the bright colors on your journal page.

Claudine said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow, glad your safe and sound at home. Maybe you can do some crafting with your time at home haha! I love your journal page, it's so pretty and the colors are wonderfully cheery.

Kay Wallace said...

Your bright colors can't help but make one happy, Kristen! Not so for all the snow, however. We measured only 30" in our yard, so you beat us in N.H.

Corrie Herriman said...

Great bright colours in you painty background ! Love those white harlequins !
Corrie x

Kaz said...

Gorgeous and bright page Kristen. That's a lot of snow!! Xx

Sue said...

Kristen I love your beautiful bright journal page, what gorgeous colours! That snow looks like a lot of fun! xx